Sunday, May 27, 2012

When things were so right..

It was 11 in the midnight when I was on my way home from a friend's 17th birthday dinner when my BlackBerry vibrated. I opened, and it was a BBM from a close friend of mine. Asking whether my eyes are still wide open or not. I was a bit worried, thinking what's wrong with her that she messaged me that late, it isn't our thing BBM-ing each other everyday, we BBM when we need to talk about something. And the fact that she just gotten a fight with her boyfriend the day before worried me more. I told her I'm still awake and what's up, then she replied, "Nothing. I'm just feeling miserable. I miss the past."

Then we had such a long chat, until this very second this post is typed.  We had this long chat, talking how we miss the past, how the friendship among us and the rest of us went, how both of us missed everything. yes, everything. There's too much to be missed. We talked about the old silly time of Junior High School. There was no weigh on our shoulder, no burdens, no worries and no tears. The only reason we cried was because we were laughing so hard that we cried. Comparing the past to what we have know, we came up to a conclusion that life's getting harder.

As time goes by, more people coming, our friendship sorta.. fade. There's a distance among us and.. I don't know. I just miss everyone I see everyday at school, how I miss the way we used to be. Reminiscing kills the hell out of me, since there's too much to be missed and how much I miss them is irrational. The fact that a friend of us is going abroad in 2 months time, I don't know, it's like a piece of me is taken away. No, I'm not being whiny but as every words is typed, a tear is falling. I seriously meant what I wrote down here, and I'm being that emotional. None of us ever imagined that this is happening. I mean, there's no picture of him, or one of us leaving before we graduate. I've never wanted any of us growing apart, I mean it.

I know we all have our own problems, more of us is getting a boyfriend or a girlfriend, we split major, gotten into different classes, gotten into different circle of friends in class, maybe less or more, each of us has changed. I know growing up means accepting changes, I know growing up means staying strong, I know growing up means seeing everyone leaves, I know growing up means standing on your own feet. But the past, my friends, and everything.. Can I just have a day, like the old days?

I swear, I don't care how fugly I am in this picture. I just miss being that nonsense.





4 comments:

  1. now that i'm in college, i miss being in junior&senior high school.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss how we used to be, don't we? It seems like the more we grow up, the harder things get.. That sometimes, you just miss laughing wholeheartedly :(

    ReplyDelete